Travel

The History of Michigan Stadium from the Big House to The Big House

Michigan Stadium has been home to many great moments in the history of Michigan football. It was originally named “Big House” because it was so large and looked like a grand house from the outside, but now is more commonly referred to as “The Big House”.

The stadium was built in 1927 and originally had an 80,000 person capacity. As Michigan’s population grew, the stadium had to be expanded. The expansion project took place in 1949 and added seats for a total capacity of 117,000 people.

In 1975, the playing field was lowered 8 feet and new permanent lights were installed. This allowed for night games to be played at Michigan Stadium for the first time since 1905 when Fielding Yost’s team played against Ohio State University on October 10th, 1905.

What is Michigan Stadium?

Michigan Stadium is a stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan that is the home of the University of Michigan football team. It opened in 1927 and has a capacity of 107,601 people.

Michigan Stadium was built in 1927 with a capacity of 74,000 people, but it was expanded to its current capacity in 1957. The stadium has also hosted other events such as soccer, basketball and even ice hockey.

Michigan Stadium is one of the most storied stadiums in college football history and is often referred to as “The Big House.”

Michigan’s First Home Games Played at Ferry Field and Mackin Field

Michigan’s first home games were played at Ferry Field and Mackin Field. Both venues were located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Ferry Field was the first permanent field for football games in Ann Arbor. It was used as a training ground for the Michigan football team and its opponents in 1874. In 1875, it became the official home field of the University of Michigan football team.

Mackin Field was built in 1895 to replace Ferry Field as the University of Michigan’s permanent home field. It also hosted many other sporting events besides football, including baseball and gymnastics competitions.

The University of Michigan Renewed its Football program in 1892 and Constructed a New Football Stadium on North University Avenue

The University of Michigan, a renouned university in the US with a new football stadium on North University Av.

The University of Michigan was founded in 1817 and is one of the oldest universities in the country. It had been a member of the Big Ten Conference since its founding, but left for reasons unknown. In 1892, the university decided to renew their football program and construct a new football stadium on North University Av.

Fewer than 500 people attended the opening game of Michigan Stadium in 1927 with Ohio State on the visiting team

Michigan Stadium is a stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is the home field of the University of Michigan Wolverines football team.

The first game was played on October 1, 1927 with Ohio State on the visiting team. 548 people attended this historic game. The attendance history for Michigan Stadium is not as impressive as some other stadiums around the country, but it still has a few notable attendance records.

Michigan Stadium was built in 1927 and has a capacity of 107,601. This makes it one of the largest stadiums in college football and second largest in college athletics behind only Penn State’s Beaver Stadium which can seat over 106,000 spectators.

Comments Off on The History of Michigan Stadium from the Big House to The Big House